1. Clean Out and Organize Desk: It's filled with stuff I never use. I really need somewhere to plan lessons, write thank yous and pay bills (yuck). I have this wonderful desk Cale bought me on our 1st wedding anniversary and it never gets used because it's so filled with junk. This is silly and I need to fix that.
2. Go through all Bookshelves and Books: I need to organize and take all the books not needed to used bookstore. We have a bit of a book obsession in this house. =)
3. Clear off Dresser in Bedroom: For some reason our dresser is a dumping ground for anything that does not have a home or we are just too lazy to put in its proper place. It is so bad now things are spilling to the floor if you breathe near it. Past time for this to be done!
4. Order Updated Pictures and Redo Frames in Living Room: I have lots of frames on a shelf in my living room. But I have not updated any pictures since before Caroline was born. That was 18 months ago ya'll. Poor Caroline, good thing she's too little to notice.
5. Sort Through All Kids Toys: My children have too many toys! We need to go through them all, throw away any that are broken or not worth saving and pass along those that they no longer play with.
6. Organize Toys, Playroom and Kids Bedroom: I have a great idea for this! I am so excited to get this one accomplished and I'm just waiting on a shelf we ordered from Walmart to come in. I will do a whole post about this once I start and once it's finished.
7. Go Through Every Bin In the Storage Room: Why I have some things that I have stored is beyond me. I bet I could empty LOTS of boxes and make LOTS of room if I get this done. I will just remind myself over and over again toNOT, "store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." That should help me be ruthless as I am sorting through everything.
8. Go Through all Closets and Clothes: I need to pack away things the kids have outgrown and give away clothes that Cale and I do not wear. Then I need to make a list of any clothing items needed. Poor Cale is in desperate need of new undershirts and socks. Why do men feel it is okay to wear socks riddled with holes?
9. Finish Shower in Upstairs Bathroom: This one is going to require a plumber. But we have been blessed with some financial gifts this Christmas and I think it is now possible. THANK YOU NANA AND PAPA!! I have called and made an appointment for a quote on this though!!!
10. Pray About, Create and Implement New Schedule and Start a Chore Plan: I have already started this one. I've been praying, discussing with my husband, and researching the best plan for our family. I think we've hit upon the answer. So I'll post more about this once we get started.
11. Finish Lesson Plans For Jan - June: I have January and February done! 4 more months to go. I actually enjoy lesson planning, I just need the uninterrupted time to finish. Hard to come by sometimes with little ones. But Cale is very supportive in this area. So I am not worried.
12. Make Decisions About School Room Organization: We are blessed to have a school room. But guess what, it's a giant mess so we are not using it. Then I started to wonder, should we have a school room? Would it be better to find another solution since we tend to do parts of school on the couch, dinning room table, etc. I am still pondering this one. If you have any suggestions please tell me. I like things about both ways and dislike things about both ways. Obviously I need to pray on this one.
13. Garden: Our family really wants to try The All New Square Foot Gardening this summer. So I need to get the book, plan and budget this. FUN!
14. Paint: This one is at the end for a reason. I would love to paint the bathroom upstairs and the kids room downstairs. But this would be something that we would do after everything else on this list is done. We have not painted these rooms ever and we have lived here over 6 years now. They are pretty dingy and yucky looking, but that is cosmetic. So it will have to wait till the end.
Yes, still lots of red. But lots of items done and done well. So I am pleased with the progress.