I am so thankful for you, Love. The way you provide for, protect, love and lead our family is an amazing gift to us. I know fulfilling this responsibility before God can be a weighty task, but you do it with humbleness, a servant's heart and much strength and patience. I love you, Cale and thank our God for you EVERYDAY!
|September 2013. I need to get a more recent picture of Cale with all of the kiddos!|
From the kids:
- Where was Daddy born? Colorado (Caleb)
- What was Daddy's first job? We don't know, we'll have to ask him. (Caroline)
- What was Daddy's first vehicle? Jeep that had no top (Caleb)
- What do you think Daddy played with when he was a little boy? Legos (Caleb), He dug there and there and there! (Caroline) Cale and one of his brothers used to dig giant holes in their grandma's backyard.
- Did Daddy go on any vacations as a boy? Where? I didn't know he took vacation. (Caroline)
- What would Daddy's dream vacation be now? He would take all of his little ones and big ones to Sanibel. I know that! (Caroline)
|Caroline and Daddy work on the chicken coop. |
She hands Daddy screws and talks with him to keep him entertained. =)
- Why are you thankful that God gave Daddy to you and not someone else? Because he's a great Daddy and he plays wrestling games with us and you do not. (Caleb) He's our Daddy and we love him and want him to be all ours! (Caroline) He gives us treats. He plays jail. My Dad is the best dad ever!! He loves me. (Charlotte)
- What does he like to do in his free time? Play with the kids (Caleb and Caroline said at the same time) Work on his computer and love on you, Mama (Caleb)
- What is his favorite snack? Diet Soda, he drinks it over and over and over (Caroline) Sugar Free! (Charlotte) This is what she calls Cale's treats. Cale is a type 1 diabetic
- What is different about your daddy that sets him apart from others? He's kind (Caleb) He lets us have drinks of his soda (Caroline) We get to spend lots of time with him (Caleb) He loves me a lot (Caroline)
- What is something Daddy has done that shows he loves you? Works hard everyday to take care of our family (Caroline)
|Daddy teaches Caleb how to use a drill. |
The chicken coop has been a whole family job.
- What is a scripture verse that reminds you of Daddy? David (Caleb) He thought I said someone from the Bible, Love your neighbor as yourself Mark 12:31 and we're his closest neighbors! (Caroline) I pray for Daddy every morning (Charlotte) And she truly does
- Write one special memory you have of Daddy this year. Can be funny or serious. We went hiking to see baby falcons and one of their parents. The baby falcons were getting close to the time when they would fly off the cliff. Daddy introduced me to Ranger Rick and he hiked with us. Then after we saw the falcons Daddy and I went to a hot dog area. My belly was hurting and then I was seeing through things and then I fell over. Daddy said I passed out. Daddy got me a drink and then I felt better and I could eat a hot dog and some fries. I loved hiking with Daddy because he showed me all the nature on the trail and let me work with him. But I did not like passing out. (Caleb)
|Carson watches Daddy shave. Carson pretty much thinks Daddy is the |
greatest person on the face of the planet!